The visit is within the activities work package 4 of the APPRAIS project "Bologna process implementation at KRI Universities: Recognition of credits and Learning mobility". The APPRAIS project aims to improve governance, strategic planning, and management of higher education institutions in Kurdistan Region, with a particular focus on enhancing human resources capacities and proposing a reform for the local Higher Education system through the implementation of Bologna Process.
The delegate had the opportunity to have a close look at procedures and mechanisms related to the international mobility and internal and external quality assurance processes at hosting universities.
- The circular field visit on January 16th and 17th in Rome, Italy was hosted by UNINT - Università degli Studi Internazionali di Roma. The delegate met the counterparts (vice-rectors, responsible for Quality Assurance, responsible for International Relationship Office, and other relevant university staff) from:
- UNIMED - Mediterranean Universities Union
- UNINT - Università degli Studi Internazionali di Roma
- Sapienza University
- INDIRE - Institute for Documentation, Innovation and Educational Research
- UNINETTUNO - International Telematic University
- ANVUR - Italian National Agency for Evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes
- CIMEA – Academic Equivalence Mobility Information Centre
The field visit on January 19th and 20th was hosted by the University of Murcia, Spain. The delegate met representatives from:
- University of Murcia
- SEPIE - Internationalization of the Spanish Higher Education Unit, Ministry of Education, Spain
- EU UNIWELL- The European University for Well-Being
The delegate consisted of Dr. Lukman H. Hasan – Vice President of University of Duhok for Scientific Affairs and Postgraduate Studies, Dr. Nabaz Ibraheem Mohammed - Vice president for student affairs, Dr. Rund Hammoudi – Director for International Relations Office, Dr. Ismail Amin Ali -Head of Bologna Process and Curriculum Development.