Mission,Vision and Core Values
We envision being a world class university that heralds positive social environmental, technological and economic transformation in the Duhok Governorate, Kurdistan Region, Iraq and the world at large.
Our mission is to support the economic, social, cultural and environmental development in the Duhok Governorate, Kurdistan Region and Iraq through the continuous supply of quality graduates and research in the different specializations. Strategic plans which modernize the administration, teaching, learning, research and capacity building will be the key to achieve excellence. We also take into consideration the variability of the local and international market demands as important references to meet community needs continuously.
We strive to serve society directly and through the implementation of ambitious and groundbreaking collaborative research and other international programs to improve all aspects of life.
- To be a university that operates locally and thinks globally, with international recognition and global reach for its excellence in learning, teaching and research.
- To serve the local, regional and national communities through a robust system of higher education and interaction with society by continuous education and alumni follow-up.
- To provide an excellent teaching learning and research environment for the students, academic staff and international researchers.
- To provide training and capacity building opportunities and consulting services for the public and private sectors.
- To promote secular, pluralistic and democratic principles with particular emphasis on gender equality, equal opportunity and human rights at large.
- To encourage the spirit of debate, critical thinking and innovative approach in social, natural, applied, engineering and medical sciences.
- To encourage and facilitate the entry of the graduates into business and private sector through guiding courses and the provision of business incubators and technology parks in the future.
- To continuously revise curricula and exercise curriculum development and alignment according to the societal and global changing demands.
- To consolidate the quality assurance system and follow-up the applications for international accreditation.
Integrity, honesty and transparency
Diversity and equity