Postgraduate Admission

2012-01-07 01:32:22
14663

Postgraduate Admission

  • Applicants for Master or Higher Diploma need to have acquired a Bachelors degree or its equivalent while applicants for PhD need to have acquired Master degrees.
  • The age limit for Master and Higher Diploma applicants should not exceed 50 years for employees of Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health and should not exceed 45 years for other applicants.
  • The age limit for Ph.D. applicants should not exceed 55 years for employees of Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health and should not exceed 50 years for other applicants.
  • Masters applicants should have an average grade point not less than 60% for employees of Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health and not less than 70% for other applicants. A student with an average grade point within the first quarter in his/her department can apply provided that his/her average grade point is not less than 60%.
  • A student can apply for Master Degree or Higher Diploma two years after he/she graduates and a year for the student who graduates the first in his/her department.
  • Applicants need to have passed the English Proficiency Test in Kurdistan within a period no longer than five years. Applicants who have TOEFL or IELTS certificates with an average not less than 60% and those with an English Proficiency Certificate from participating in the English Course held in the Cultural and Social Center at the UoD are excused from having the English Proficiency Test provided that they successfully finish the course otherwise, they would be dismissed from their study.
  • Applicants need to have passed the Computer Proficiency Test in Kurdistan within a period no longer than five years. Applicants participating in the Computer Course held in the Cultural and Social Center at UoD are excused from having the Computer Proficiency Test provided that they successfully finish the course otherwise, they would be dismissed from their study.
  • Applicants should pass the college-specific entrance exam which is equal to 30% of the final acceptance grade while student’s average grade from the college covers the other 70%. The final acceptance grade combined by these two averages should not be less than 60%.
  • The applicant must have a study leave from the college or from the directorate he/she works in.
  • University instructors applying for Ph.D. have the right to cut their study leave and take a partial leave after finishing the final exams if their colleges need their specialization.
  • Applicants with one year academic Higher Diploma applying for Master degree will have their Higher Diploma average equal to 40% of the final acceptance grade, the other 60% while student’s average grade from the college covers the other 60%.
  • Those who apply for the seats allocated for the Technical Institutes have to sign a commitment to transfer to these Technical Institutes after having Master Degree.
  • Applicants other than those affiliated with the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research have to sign a commitment not to transfer to the previously mentioned ministry.
  • Applicants must not have been accepted into another graduate program here or in any other institution inside or outside the country.
  • Applicants for Ph.D. must have two academic letters of reference. Each letter should be from a member of teaching staff provided that this member has taught the applicant, worked with him/her in a certain project or research or supervised his/her Master thesis.
  • The study leave with a full salary covers only two years for Master Degree and three years for Ph.D. Any further extension for the study leave would be without salary and any extension for more than a year is not allowed.
  • Acceptance in higher studies is competitive according to the final average, years of service, the academic title and the number of published researches for Ph.D. applicants.
  • Applicants for Master Degree shuold attend an interview by the appropriate college committee and present his/her academic credentials before the board.

Requirements
  • Iraqi Nationality card (2 copies).
  • Identity CArd (2 copies).
  • Recent photos (4).
  • Course Record (original and a copy).
  • Graduation Certificate (original).
  • Letter of approval (for employees).
  • Application form.
  • English and Computer Proficiency certificates.
  • An applicant signed copy of the admission requirements and conditions attached to the application form.