The (UoD) has a comprehensive and evolved Student Exchange Program that functions to satisfy the following general objectives:
- Exchange graduates and undergraduate students for study and research work.
- Provide faculty members of both institutions with opportunities to participate in research and other collaborative activities.
- Explore the benefits from cooperation with Kurdish academics and experts living in foreign countries, as well as inviting non-Kurdish experts and specialists to visit us for educational and research purposes (i.e.: Kurdish academics in the United Kingdom and Sweden often supervise our postgraduate students).
- Promote relations with international and local educational and scientific centers.
- Establish joint research projects within fields of common interest.
- Provide opportunities for the exchange of faculty between the two institutions for research, teaching and staff development purposes.
- Offer institutional support and manpower development.
- Establish individual departmental links.
- Exchange information, library material and publications.
- Collaborate in the writing of lectures, tutorials, manuals, and textbooks.
- Encourage communication between faculty and students of the two institutions.
- Conduct conferences and seminars.