About the Center
The Scientific Research Center (SRC) is one of the more recent additions to the University of Duhok. It has an ambitious objective to initiate and develop scientific research programs at the University of Duhok.
The prospective Research programs conducted will involve the application of new technologies in the domain of Biotechnology, Bioscience, and Medical research. The center will develop protocol in genetic engineering, medicine, veterinary medicine, and agriculture that contributes to the welfare of Iraqi Kurdistan regarding health, food, and early detection of human and animal genetic diseases ,as well as conducting research in these fields through M. Sc. and Ph.D. projects.
- Establish biotechnology laboratories in the University of Dohuk with all required facilities.
- Train graduate and undergraduate students on biotechnology techniques including molecular biology, biotechnology, genetic engineering and plant tissue culture.
- Convey these technologies to University of Dohuk and the Kurdish community.
- Application of biotechnology techniques in solving agricultural, medical and biological problems, as well as conducting research in these fields through M. Sc. and Ph.D. projects.
- Develop human resources by training local people on new technologies in the field of life sciences.
- Create new job opportunities for upcoming generations.
- Follow-up with the advancement of biotechnology in the world and reducing the gap that separates the region.
- Develop protocols in the fields of genetic engineering, medicine, veterinary, and agriculture that contributes to the welfare ofthe Kurdish population regarding their health, food, and early detection in human and animal genetic diseases as well as early detection and monitoring of animal pathogens.
- Link this research center to regional and international research centers.